Sunday, May 24, 2009

Of What Are You Absolutely Certain?

There is a section in the Art of Spiritual Peacemaking book that really gets me every time I read it.  Well, a lot of this book speaks to my heart, but this one ... is super significant.  It is a question.  "If you could only be certain of one thing in this world, one thing only, what would it be?"  I know the answer that comes to the forefront of my being, the thing that makes my heart leap to claim it as THE one thing ... it is that Love Exists ... that love, at least, is real.  When put to it, nothing else matters as much to me as this.   

The book actually states that "I am confident that the first thing that came to your mind was Love."  It goes so far as to say that this is every person's answer.

I decided to do a test.  I sat in a coffee shop and asked a number of people what their answer would be to this question.  The answers varied a little in their content, but when you took each answer and boiled it down to what was truly being said, the book was right!  Everyone's answer was banking on Love existing in some fashion.

Good to know ...  and I am banking on that!

Loving you,
CJ




No comments:

Post a Comment